A dramatic scene inside O’Hare Airport, all caught on camera: how it started and what happened next. Plus, a Chicago suburb is named the most expensive in Illinois, a celebrity chef opens a new restaurant outside of town, and apparently the best donut in the country is right here in the Midwest.
Here’s a look at some of this week’s top headlines:
1. Wild video shows a fight breaking out near baggage claim at O’Hare airport this week. Police say it all started with an argument between three people as they were getting off their plane, but things escalated near baggage claim and a huge fight broke out. Two people now face misdemeanor charges and a 24-year-old woman was injured.
The video shows a wild brawl on the lower level of Terminal 3 at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport, where two people were arrested for beating a 24-year-old woman.
2. Gordon Ramsay is opening his next big restaurant, but this time he’s heading to the suburbs. Ramsay’s Kitchen is scheduled to open in Naperville next week. The celebrity chef said he wanted the menu to offer a glimpse into his personal cooking, with items like a roast beef sandwich, crispy-skinned salmon, Ramsay’s signature Beef Wellington and more.
Gordon Ramsay’s new suburban Chicago restaurant will officially open next week. The newest location, located in downtown Naperville, is scheduled to open its doors beginning Tuesday, marking the second Ramsay’s Kitchen restaurant to open in the Chicago area.
3. A new list of the most expensive neighborhoods in all states has put a Chicago suburb at the top of the list. Do you think you know what it is? We give you a hint: it has one of the most popular natural attractions in the area. Based on data analyzed from Zillow home prices and listings, CashNetUSA named Glencoe, home of the Botanical Gardens, the most expensive in Illinois. Do you agree?
A Chicago suburb was recently named the most expensive neighborhood in Illinois.
4. DOUGH—Don’t Miss This: We’re about to tell you where you can find one of the best donuts in the US. It might not be here in Illinois, but it’s close. According to the Underground Donut Tour, the fan favorite donut in their recent contest was Indiana’s Rise’n Roll Bakery and their Cinnamon Caramel Donut (Still Hungry?). A few Chicago-area venues also earned a few titles on the list. D&D’s Place garnered awards in the categories of Chocolate Frosting, Donuts, and Fruit Flavored. Stan’s Donuts was also honored for its Blueberry Cream Cheese Pocket.
5. There were plenty of other headlines you might have missed this week: An Illinois native was crowned the winner of “The Voice”; big changes are in store for some Metra riders next week (here’s a full list of schedule changes); A Dairy Queen Favorite Is Being Discontinued And Fans Have Some Widely Mixed Reactions; music legend Tina Turner passes away; video captured the moment more than a dozen people attempted to rob a post office in the Thompson Center; And, as you probably know, it’s Memorial Day weekend. If you’re looking for things to do, we’ve got a full list here, but we hope you’ll join us in honoring our nation’s heroes.
That is all for now. Stay tuned over the weekend as more news unfolds.