Tixati is a free and easy-to-use BitTorrent client that presents detailed views of all file transfer properties, seeds and peers. Also included are powerful bandwidth throttling and graphing capabilities, and a full DHT implementation. Tixati is one of the most advanced and flexible BitTorrent clients available. And unlike many other clients, Tixati contains NO SPYWARE, NO ADVERTISING, NO TRICKS.
The portable version of Tixati is designed to run on a USB flash drive or other portable media. It stores all of its configuration files in the same folder as the binary executable files, and all file paths are stored in a format relative to the program’s executable folder.
It is important that you do not delete the “tixati_portable_mode.txt” file inside the executables folder. This file is what makes Tixati run in portable mode. (The executable binaries are actually the same as the standard edition binaries.)
When running the portable edition from a USB flash drive, especially one that is formatted in FAT16/FAT32, you may experience some delay when initially loading a new transfer. This is because initializing and allocating large files on flash-based media consumes a greater amount of time and resources compared to a conventional hard drive.
Tixati has the following characteristics:
- detailed views of all aspects of the swarm, including companions, parts, files, and trackers
- support for magnet links, so no need to download .torrent files if a simple magnet link is available
- Super efficient peer blocking/unblocking algorithms ensure the fastest downloads
- Peer-to-peer encryption for added security
- Full DHT (Distributed Hash Table) implementation for trackerless torrenting, including detailed message traffic graphs and customizable event logging
- Advanced bandwidth graphs of overall traffic and traffic per transfer, with separate classification of protocol and file bytes, and with separate classification of outgoing traffic for exchange and seed
- Highly flexible bandwidth throttling, including trade/seed ratio adjustment and adjustable priority for single and pair transfers
- bitfield graphics showing the integrity of all downloaded files, what parts other peers have available, and the overall status of the swarm
- customizable event log for each download and individual event logs for all peers within the swarm
- expert local file management features that allow you to move files to a different partition even while the download is still in progress
- 100% compatible with the BitTorrent protocol
- Native Windows and Linux-GTK versions available
Tixati v3.11 Changelog:
New BitTorrent v2 support
- A full implementation of BEP-52 has been added to the program. The main benefit of this is the use of the SHA-2 hash function at the block level instead of SHA-1 at the piece level. However, there are also many other changes from the v1 protocol that required a major overhaul and rewrite of the core torrent/peers/trackers/pieces logic. Version 1+2 combined torrents are also fully supported.
- The entire tracking function has been completely replaced with a newly written implementation. Dual interface and dual protocol advertisement is now fully supported on each individual tracker.
- A tracker presets feature has been added, which can be accessed from Settings > Transfers > Trackers. These presets can be configured simply by right-clicking on any transfer in the main window and using the Trackers submenu. They can also be accessed from the standard tracker edit dialog, the transfer preload window, and the create new seeds dialog.
- A default preset for newly loaded transfers can also be selected in the settings window. This will be set to non-private transfers, on upload, before applying Individual Tracking Options.
- The peer-to-peer connection logic has been heavily rewritten with significant improvements in several areas. This was necessary to accommodate the new messaging requirements of the v2 protocol, in particular, part selection algorithms and file hash field synchronization with other peers. The new implementation takes full advantage of the fact that when a transfer only downloads a subset of files, the new v2 protocol allows clients to only download hash data for the files that are needed. Managed correctly, this saves bandwidth, time, and memory, especially for extremely large torrents when only a few files are needed.
- It was also necessary in hybrid swarms to allow for dual connections so that peers can communicate via v1 and v2 simultaneously. This is sometimes necessary for situations where there are many v1-only clients in a swarm and the v2 hash information is not fully available, which, by following the spec as written, prevents parts from being available to via v2 connection.
- The peer connection selection and management algorithms have been completely replaced with much more modern versions that can efficiently handle multiple ports connected from the same IP, perform duplicate detection of regular peer IDs, and prioritize connections based on their protocol and availability of pieces. Unusual situations like missing pieces or going from a complete state to an incomplete state are now handled with great precision. The process for collecting meta information from peers has also been greatly improved and is much faster when dealing with extremely large torrents.
- Support for web seeds has been completely overhauled. The maximum speeds are much higher and much less CPU usage is needed to maintain a continuous flow of data.
- For better control over web seed connections, a new web seed request limiter has also been created. This is available from Settings > Transfers > Peers. Simultaneous connections can be globally limited based on hostname, and other throttling/limiting parameters can also be set. Rules can be customized for different hosts. [full release notes]
All the movies shown in the screenshot above are from PublicDomainTorrents.info – Free and Legal Torrent Downloads.
Download: Tixati 3.11 (64-bit) | 16.2MB (free)
Download: Tixati 3.11 (32-bit) | 16.0MB
Download: Tixati Portable 3.11 | 78.2MB
Download: Tixati 3.11 for Linux
See: Tixati website
Get alerts about all our software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware