The Teletubbies are coming back. A new animated incarnation of the popular British children’s series, narrated by Titus Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidyou), will premiere on Netflix on November 14. The project was announced as part of the streamer’s fall preschool slate, which also includes Prinse powera new animated series based on the New York Times bestselling book series princesses wear pants by This day co-host Savannah Guthrie and Allison Oppenheim, as well as the previously announced ranger Spirit, Inspired by stories of Native American tribes and American National Park landscapes.
Returning series on the list include CoComelon, Gabby’s dollhouse Y Waffles + Mochi.
teletubbies it became a global phenomenon when it first aired between 1997 and 2001 and was later rebooted for a 2015-1018 run.
Here are details on Netflix’s new preschool series
teletubbies (opens on November 14)
- Synopsis: Join colorful friends Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa and Po on wonder-filled adventures as they learn and grow in this 21st-century update to the beloved preschool series, now narrated by Emmy nominee Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt). Each episode includes new and original songs from “Tummy Tales” that will have the whole family dancing!
- Co-creator and writer of the original series: Andrew Davenport
- Narrated by: Titus Burgess
- The Teletubbies performers are: Rachelle Beinart, Rebecca Hyland, Nick Chee Ping Kellington, Jeremiah Krage
- “Tummy Tales” Presented by: Julius Pulo
- teletubbies Executive producers: Kate Bennetts, Maddy Darrall, Steven DeNure, Billy Macqueen, Michael Towner
- Executive producers of “Tummy Tales”: Stephanie Betts, Anne Loi, Josh Scherba
- © and Producer: © 2022 WildBrain Teletubbies Productions Inc.
- Format: 26 12-minute episodes, each written by Catherine Williams
princess power (premiere in 2023)
- Synopsis: Netflix’s new animated preschool series princess power is based on the #1 New York Times bestselling book series princesses wear pants by Savannah Guthrie (co-host of This day) and Allison Oppenheim. The show is a celebration of girl power and self-expression that follows the princesses of four major fruit kingdoms: Kira Kiwi, Beatrice “Bea” Blueberry, Rita Raspberry, and Penelope “Penny” Pineapple. These princesses embrace their differences and grow stronger together to help their fellow fruitizens and make their world a better place. princess powerThe whimsical, aspirational playfulness of comes with a timely message: that it’s not just what you wear but what you do That makes all the difference. Developed by Elise Allen (showrunner/EP), the series is executive produced by Savannah Guthrie (co-writer), along with Atomic Cartoons’ Matthew Berkowitz, Kristin Cummings, and Jennifer Twiner McCarron, and Flower’s Drew Barrymore, Ember Truesdell, and Nancy Juvonen. Movies. .
- Showrunner/Executive Producer: Elise Allen (Spectator/EP)
- Executive producers: Savannah Guthrie, opposite Matthew Berkowitz, Kristin Cummings and Jennifer Twiner McCarron of Atomic Cartoons, and Drew Barrymore, Ember Truesdell and Nancy Juvonen of Flower Films.
- Supervising Producer: Monica Davila
- Production company: Atomic Cartoons and Flower Movies
- Format: 14 episodes of 11 minutes
(premiere October 10)
- Synopsis: Inspired by the stories of Native American tribes and the majestic landscapes of America’s national parks, spirit rangers explore the adventure and beauty of nature through the eyes of Kodi, Summer and Eddy Skycedar, Chumash/Cowlitz siblings who share a secret. This trio of kids are “Spirit Rangers” who help protect the land and spirits of the national park they call home in California. Taking on new perspectives as a grizzly bear cub, a red-tailed hawk, and a courageous turtle, the kids of Skycedar take on every challenge, from helping a lost thunderbird to waking up a sleeping sun, with courage and compassion. Created by Santa Ynez Chumash tribal descendant and California’s first Native American showrunner, Karissa Valencia, the fantasy adventure preschool series celebrates community, nature, and the rich heritage of Native American storytelling.
- To emit: Wačíŋyeya Iwáš’aka Yracheta as Kodi Skycedar, Isis Celilo Rogers as Summer Skycedar, Talon Proc Alford as Eddy Skycedar, Kimberly Guerrero as Mom, John Timothy as Dad, Cree Summer as Lizard and DeeDee and Shaun Taylor-Corbett as Coyote, Wes Studi as Sunny, Tantoo Cardinal as Moon, Devery Jacobs as Wind Eagle, and Nyla Rose as Lawetlat’la
- Executive producers: Karissa Valencia, Chris Nee
- Production company: Netflix Animation and Laughing Wild in association with SUPERPROD
- Format: 10 episodes of 22 minutes