The Cowboys kick off the 2022 season on Sunday night against Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
A year ago, this matchup kicked off the entire NFL slate as the opening game of 2021. Now, the two sides are running it again in Week 1, this time on NBC’s Sunday Night Football.
Here’s everything fans need to know about the season opener: where to watch, how to listen, team breakdowns and more:
How to watch the Cowboys-Bucs
Date: Sunday, September 11 Weather: 19:20
Location: AT&T Stadium (Arlington, Texas)
Bet line: tuberculosis -2.5; Over/Under 50.0 (Caesar’s Sportsbook, as of Tuesday)
TV: NBC Announcers: Mike Tirico, Cris Collinsworth, secondary reporter Melissa Stark
Radio: 105.3 El Abanico (KRLD-FM), 107.5 La Grande in Spanish (KMVK-FM)
3 things about the Buccaneers
1. Yes, Tom Brady is playing. Despite a lengthy absence in the middle of training camp, and a brief retirement this offseason, the seven-time Super Bowl champion and three-time NFL MVP is back to lead Tampa Bay for a third season.
“I think for me, yes, I have a lot to prove. I have a lot to prove this year. I’m there to show that I’m still capable of leading a team to a championship,” Brady told reporters this week.
Brady led the Bucs to a Super Bowl in his first season with the team in 2020, but lost in a shootout to the Los Angeles Rams in the divisional round of the playoffs last season.
two. No, Bruce Arians did not return as head coach. The two-time AP NFL Coach of the Year resigned as the Bucs’ head coach in March. Todd Bowles, a former Tampa Bay defensive coordinator, was later promoted to the lead role.
This will be Bowles’ fifth full season as an NFL head coach. After serving as a HC for three games with the Miami Dolphins in 2011, Bowles became the head coach of the New York Jets in 2015. Over the next four seasons, he compiled a 24-40 record.
Arians signed Bowles as DC from the Bucs before the 2019 season.
3. While the events of the offseason and training camp have left some questions about the Cowboys’ offensive line that linger into Week 1, Tampa Bay also has a handful of its own up front.
Tampa Bay lost Ali Marpet to retirement, Alex Cappa to free agency and Ryan Jensen to a serious knee injury earlier in the preseason.
The Bucs signed Shaquille Mason in the offseason to replace Cappa at guard, but like the Cowboys, they rely on their own inexperienced players, center Robert Hainsey and rookie left guard Luke Goedke, elsewhere in the league. offensive line.
latest cowboy news
– What makes Dallas think this year’s fortunes will be any different?
– Quarterback Dak Prescott’s optimism can only do so much for the Cowboys’ youth movement and culture.
– Writing, development are the two keys for the Cowboys to end the Super Bowl drought
– At Dallas Cowboys football games in 2022, muffulettas and lobster macaroni are on the menu
Cowboys next four games
Week 1: Dallas vs. Tampa Bay, 7:20 p.m. (Sunday)
Week 2: Dallas vs. Cincinnati, 3:25 p.m. (Sunday, September 18)
Week 3: Dallas at New York Giants, 7:15 p.m. (Monday, September 26)
Week 4: Dallas vs. Washington, 12:00 pm (Sun. Oct. 2)
Find more Cowboys coverage from The Dallas Morning News here.