Google Stadia added several new games this week for the first time in a while, as the platform also added a new “Retro” section and acquired new hardware.
New games on Stadia
Stadia has been a bit dry of new games for the past few weeks, but several new games arrived this week.
The biggest expansion game in a new “Retro Games” section in the Stadia store, giving players a quick and easy place to pick up new versions of old games. Right now, the section only contains Atari’s “Recharged” series, which picked up four new titles this week. Presumably this section could be expanded over time; it seems obvious to add Doom port 64 to this section.
The five new games added to Stadia this week include:
Google added 53 new games to Stadia in 2022. In 2021, Google delivered 107 new titles to the Stadia library, and the company promised at least 100 new games during 2022, which is impossible at the current rate unless there is dozens of releases in the coming weeks.
Games coming to Stadia
As part of the October Stadia Pro lineup, five new games are coming to Stadia, including:
- arcade paradise
- Draw 2
- killing paradise
- tangle tower
- looking for aliens
From space picked up a new release date of November 3 this week, after being pushed back earlier this month. The game will continue to arrive day and date to Stadia.
Finally, taxi chaos rumored to be heading to Stadia, as stadium today claim (is. Take this with a grain of salt, as we are not aware of any history at stake.
Chromecast with Google TV (HD) is officially compatible with Stadia
The Chromecast with Google TV (HD) went official this week for $29.99 with 1080p output, HDR, and official Google Stadia support. The affordable streamer will be the latest addition to the list of officially compatible Stadia devices, the company confirmed to 9to5Google in a statement this week.
Chromecast with Google TV (HD) and Chromecast with Google TV (4K) models are officially supported Stadia devices.
Stadia 1440p is now on TVs too
After going live on the web last week, Stadia has rolled out support for 1440p streaming on TVs, including Android TV and Chromecast Ultra. This option remains exclusive to Pro subscribers.
Five Nights at Freddy’s fix achievement bug
In a recent update, Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach fixed a bug in Stadia that prevented players from earning an achievement for fully completing the game.
The State of Stadia Games: These titles are broken
After we discovered that several titles are not working properly on Stadia, it has become even more clear that many titles on the platform are currently broken, missing content, or at least not in an ideal state.
Stadia Changelog will include an updated list of games that are currently not working properly on Stadia. If you’re a regular Stadia player, please leave a comment below or contact us to report any issues. We will do our best to capture the main issues here.
New issues with Stadia game, missing content
Other issues with Stadia games
- cyberpunk 2077 – Missing cross-progression only on Stadia
- risk of rain 2 – Broken multiplayer and performance issues
- World War Z – Missing crossplaypromised”early” in June 2022
- Exterior – Low-quality rendering, Definitive Edition not coming
- Ark: Survival Evolved – Outdated version breaks server support
- Humanity – Missing updates for several months.
- Fast and Furious: Spy Runners – The “Arctic Challenge” expansion is missing
- Avicii Invector – Missing levels in Stadia
- Jotun: Valhalla Edition – The game cannot be completed on Stadia
- legend of the guardians – Missing expansions
- Blue Fire – Missing expansions
- Outright Games Titles – Missing expansions only on Stadia
Beyond these issues, there are also a lot of games with achievement glitches. As a Stadia player gathered, here are some of the issues that come up.
- Ghost Recon Wildlands: Multiple buggy achievements
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 150 card achievement failed
- WWZ: Complete 100 PvE games with bugs.
- Blue Fire: 2 achievements still have bugs
- Golf with your friends: various buggy achievements
- Jotun Valhalla Edition: buggy and can’t be finished
- Hotline Miami 2: achievements do not unlock or work
- Metro Exodus – 1 buggy dlc achievement
- Dirt 5: double the achievements and 1 is not unlocked
- Monster Energy Supercross 3 – Various buggy achievements
- Saints Row 4: DLC achievement bugs
- PGA Tour: Unlock all buggy achievements
- Phogs: co-op achievement bug
- Motogp20: bugs in online achievements
- Young Souls: bug on hardest difficulty
- Gylt: no combat achievement is buggy for some
- Steamworld Quest: Champion Achievement buggy for some
- Moonlighter – 1 buggy final achievement
- Division 2: Photo mode achievement failed. Can be unlocked by playing on a native PC with cross progression
Two other players added that the “Take the Pod” achievement in Outriders is broken, as is the final achievement in Ys IX: Monstrum Nox.
FTC: We use automatic affiliate links that generate income. Plus.
Visit 9to5Google on YouTube for more news: