Splatoon 3 is only a few days away, but when will we be able to download the game?
The third in the family-friendly shooter series, the new entry will feature classic turf war-based multiplayer action, with new maps, weapons, and more.
The splat-tastic shooter has already received rave reviews from critics, which we’ve combined into our handy Splatoon 3 review roundup, so the excitement is certainly building.
Splatoon 3 Release Time Prediction
According to Nintendo, the content will generally be available on 14:00 GMT (15:00 CT) on September 9. However, there are some predictions that it could unlock closer to 09:00 CT on launch day.
Official information from Nintendo is probably the safest bet when it comes to predicting release time.
Nintendo’s website also says:
- Content will generally be available on 14:00 GMT (15:00 CET) on launch day.
- Please note: Some third-party titles may not be available until 17:00 GMT (18:00 CET) on the game’s release date.
- Reserved content will be available on the software release date.
- B) Nintendo Switch: You will be able to start using the software after downloading a small update that will be available when the software is released.
Videogamer.com is supported by readers. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn More / Amazon Product Advertising API Images / Last updated on 2022-08-20
How can I buy Splatoon 3 on the Nintendo eShop?
For those new to using the Nintendo eShop, it’s relatively easy to purchase the game – just follow these steps, which can also be found on Nintendo’s support page.
- Select “Nintendo eShop” from the HOME Menu to launch the Nintendo eShop.
- Next, you need to select the account you want to use.
- Locate the game you wish to purchase, in this case Splatoon 3, and select it to access the product information page.
- Any DLC associated with the game will also be available through the game’s product information page.
- Select Proceed to purchase.
- If the element is already displayed “Bought” means that the game has already been purchased by a Nintendo Account using the same Nintendo Switch console as your primary console.
- If you have an active Nintendo Switch Game Voucher and the game is eligible, you will be prompted to redeem a voucher. Select “Redeem Coupon” to use a coupon for the game or select “Proceed to Purchase” to continue with the purchase steps below.
Splatoon 3 FAQ
What is the Splatoon 3 release date?
Splatoon 3 will be released on September 9 for the Nintendo Switch.
What are the names of the characters in Splatoon?
They are called Inklings, a fictional species of squid. They also appear in other Nintendo games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.