Do you want to know how to do Squid Roll in? Splatoon 3? Inspired by the success of previous games in the Splatoon series, Splatoon 3 is about to be released worldwide. The developers did not change the gameplay of the new game in the series, keeping the first-person shooter and bright ink battles that gamers loved. Instead, the game has many new features that would make the game more difficult but fun and varied. The most striking novelties are new game modes, weapons and locations, but the game also has new movements. One of the new games moves in Splatoon 3 is the Squid Roll, and in our guide you will learn how and why to use it.
How to Squid Roll in Splatoon 3
First of all, let’s take a closer look at what Squid Roll is. As you dive into the ink, your squid begins to spin, allowing you to move quickly and not take damage from enemies. The essence of Squid Roll is to use this ability on the surface.
Of course, you will not be able to turn on the surface for a long time, but a small jump will help you not only escape from an enemy attack, but also instantly change the direction of movement. In this case, you can flip to any side in a fraction of a second. It will confuse the enemy and you can flee or attack before him.
Unlike Squid Surge, which is relatively easy to do, Squid Roll in Splatoon 3 is much more difficult, and this is what you have to do:
- First, you need to dip in ink on a flat surface.
- Then pick up a relatively high speed. If you move too slowly, you won’t be able to squid roll or it won’t be as effective.
- After gaining speed, turn the left stick at least 90 degrees in the other direction and immediately press B.
- Your character will emerge from the ink while continuing to spin and bounce off the ground in the direction you specify. To choose the side, you can turn the joystick left/right or down to jump off the wall.
- Also, you can repeat this move a few times before slowing down enough to stop.
Splatoon 3: How to Customize Your Splashtag
If there are a lot of enemies around you, this is a great way to escape. Constant rotation and change of direction of movement will allow you to break away from your pursuers and escape.
As we said before, this technique is quite difficult to implement, so you need to practice it a bit. Go into training mode, cover the entire floor in ink and practice Squid Roll in Splatoon 3 for as long as you need.
Splatoon 3 will be available on September 9, 2022 on Nintendo Switch.