NIS America’s Showcase Live took place today and we got a look at four new Switch games coming out in 2023.
The publisher, known for the Disgaea and Trails series, has revealed four new Western releases for us to enjoy in the coming year. And you can learn about what those four are in our brief summary of the show.
GrimGrimoire OnceMore was announced for Japan earlier this year, and now we finally know that Vanillaware’s impressive real-time strategy game, which released on PS2 back in 2007, is also coming to the West. Y on the Switch next spring.
GrimGrimoire OnceMore will join 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim on the hybrid console, becoming Vanillaware’s second title on the system.
Join aspiring magician Lillet Blan on her journey inside the Silver Star Tower, a renowned academy for magicians. All is not what it seems within the tower walls: mysteries, monsters and threats lurk. Harness the power of magic to dispel the secrets hidden within the tower and discover the truth of Silver Star Tower once again!
● Fascinating Strategy: Magical fantasy meets real-time strategy in this beautifully drawn adventure packed with classic Vanillaware charm!
● Enchanted Enhancements: GrimGrimoire OnceMore expands on the Vanillaware classic with a new skill tree, improved UI, art gallery, and much more.
● Alluring Augments: Experience the spellbinding adventures of Lillet Blan, now with remastered graphics and beautiful HD hand-drawn visuals!
NISA’s next title is the adorable Monster Menu: The Scavenger’s Cookbook, a dungeon crawling strategy RPG with lots and lots of delicious food.
The game’s cute anime aesthetic invites players to delve into dungeons, customize characters, and take a break by the fire. well you need in some place to enjoy those snacks, right? Perfect for a monster spring 2023 picnic, then.
Tighten your backpack and loosen your belt before diving into this dungeon crawling survival adventure! Monster Menu: The Scavenger’s Cookbook spices up the classic SRPG formula with deliciously fun cooking-based mechanics. Enjoy detailed character creation for your party, gather resources, ingredients, and items as you explore and battle monsters in tactical combat. Then relax by the campfire as you use what you’ve collected to cook meals that can give you the edge for your next dungeon crawling course.
● All you can eat: Defeat and devour monsters in combat or use their meat to cook meals on the campfire to recover HP, upgrade your skills, and boost your stats!
● Choose your own adventurer: Create your team of up to four adventurers by customizing each one’s class, appearance, voice, and pose!
● A flavor of its own: Experience a unique blend of SRPG, roguelike, and survival genre gameplay!
Ahh, we love a bit of an anime murder mystery, and NISA’s upcoming title Process of Elimination seems to be just that. 14 detectives meet on an island in a danganronpa-esque killing game: one of them is a killer, and it’s up to you to find out who he is.
The Quartering Duke is a cool, if creepy, name for a serial killer. Imagine being stuck on an island with them! Well, you won’t have to as the game is coming to Switch early next year.
The Quartering Duke, an infamous serial killer with over a hundred victims, has thrown the country into chaos with his heinous acts. To put an end to his murder spree, the “Detective Alliance”, made up of the world’s best detectives, has come together to discover and subdue him.
However, in a series of unforeseen events, an aspiring detective named Wato Hojo stumbles upon their operations. He joins the Detective Alliance on the mysterious island of Morgue to investigate the Duke of Barracks, only to make the shocking discovery that his target lurks in their midst! Can these detectives prove their innocence and reveal the identity of the Quartering Duke before the case goes cold?
● The Sign of the Fourteen: Team up with 13 other detectives, each with their own unique abilities,
tools and personalities. Explore key locations around the Morgue Island and engage in choice-based dialogue to obtain useful evidence for each case.
● A study in the shadow: Conduct investigations on an interactive crime scene map. Use your “Denouement” ability to absorb critical information, predict the future, and collect clues as you uncover the truth behind each murder.
● The Island of Fear: As the secret headquarters of the Detective Alliance, Morgue Island is home to a number of perplexing and dangerous areas. Explore a variety of vivid locations including a labyrinth, a research facility, and the Alliance mansion for clues about the Quartering Duke.
void* tRrLM2(); //empty terrarium 2
Last but not least, we’re getting a second dungeon crawler from NIS America next year in the form of void* tRrLM2();, or just empty terrarium 2.
Taking place in little glass boxes, this sequel seems to return to the cute and brooding style of the first game. You’ll need to keep these small dungeons moist while looting chests and goods. And, fittingly, this terrarium will bloom in the spring of next year.
Immerse yourself in a dystopian world contaminated with toxic fungi, where a robot watches over the last
surviving human. Nippon Ichi Software presents the second installment of the Void Terrarium series that
Follow the aftermath of cloudAI’s defeated plan to resurrect humanity.
Robbie the robot and his human friend, Toriko, have been able to live in peace until she fell ill with a deadly new disease. To save her, Robbie must venture into the past and search the remnants of cloudAI’s memories for clues to this mysterious disease to ensure the survival of the world’s last human.
● Weapon Master: Level up your favorite weapon as you progress through the dungeons. Mastering weapons will give you the extra power needed to explore the vast wastelands!
● Mystery Bonuses: Accessed through yellow portals, the Mysterious Rooms offer rare chests that contain a myriad of boons including powerful equipment, new abilities, or ultra-rare abilities that can alter the
course of your expedition!
● Customizable Companion: Returning from the original, void* tRrLM2(); // Void Terrarium 2 offers new customization options for Toriko, including new clothes, hairstyles, and accessories! Give her the makeover of her dreams!
● Terrarium Care: Maintain the humidity and temperature of your terrarium by planting seeds and taking care of them while they grow! Then harvest your new plants to decorate your terrarium.
And there you have it! Those are the four new games coming to Switch from NISA in 2023. Is there anything you like here? You can see the full Showcase here.
Tell us in the comments what you think of these games! You’ll need more than a magic wand to tell us.