PROVIDENCE, RI – The Brown men’s water polo will spend the weekend in Santa Clara, California, to participate in the Santa Clara-hosted Julian Fraser Memorial Tournament.
The Bears will play two games on Saturday (October 22), beginning the day against California Baptist at 12:20 pm ET and closing the day against San Jose State at 7 pm ET. Brown will then close out the game on Sunday (October 23) against host Santa Clara at 11 am ET.
EXPLORING THE BEARS
- Brown went 3-1 at the Harvard Invitational last weekend with wins against Gannon, Pomona-Pitzer and Salem. The Bears’ only loss was an 11-8 loss to No. 6 Long Beach State.
- Ilias Stothart continues to lead the Bears with 43 goals, followed by Gabe Chang (38) and leo berkman (35).
- Along with his 35 goals, Berkman has 20 assists and 20 steals. cole atwell he’s also topped the Bears’ stat sheet with 24 goals, a team-high 33 assists, and a team-leading 24 steals.
- Cole Newman he leads the team in blocks on goal, having added 115 on the year.
CALIFORNIA BAPTIST SCOUTS
- California Baptist is 17-9 on the season and has won five of its last six games. The Lancers beat Brown in the second game of the season with a 13-12 victory.
EXPLORING THE STATE OF SAN JOSÉ
- San Jose is 6-11 on the season and had lost six straight to the top 13 teams before beating Whittier College.
- Brown and San Jose State met last season at the Julian Fraser Memorial with the Spartans defeating the Bears 16-10.
EXPLORING SANTA CLARA
- Santa Clara is 6-8 on the season and snapped a three-game win streak with a 10-9 loss to No. 13 UC San Diego. The Broncos will play four games before closing out the weekend against the Bears.
- Zach Fales is Santa Clara’s top scorer with 22 goals.
- Santa Clara beat Brown 14-11 in the first game of the season in 2021.
BROWN COLLEGIATE SPORTS FOUNDATION
The Brown University Sports Foundation (BUSF) is the lifeblood of the athletics program and exists to enhance the student-athlete experience through the philanthropic support of alumni, parents, fans, and friends. A donation through the Sports Foundation makes an immediate impact on today’s Brown Bears and helps them be the best they can be in the classroom, in competition, and most importantly, in the community. For more information on how to support the Bears, click here.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL
For the latest on Brown Athletics, follow
@BrownU_Bears On twitter, @BrownU_Bears on Instagram, like brownUbears on Facebook and subscribe to the BrownAthletics Youtube channel.