The most exciting freshmen and sophomores in the NBA, as well as some top stars from the NBA G League, will participate in the Jordan Rising Stars 2023 on February 19 at Vivint Arena as part of NBA All-Star 2023.
But before that can happen, the teams must be set up via a draft, which will take place at 3 p.m. ET on the NBA app with host Jared Greenberg. Here is everything you need to know:
Jordan Rising Stars Preliminary Rules
• The first-round draft order was determined by total All-Star Game appearances (with a tiebreaker for most NBA championships won).
• Rounds 2-7 will be selected in reverse order.
• Each coach will select his team using the overall player pool without regard to position, conference affiliation or years in the NBA.
• The exchange of players or selections is not allowed.
the group of players
- Paolo Banchero, Orlando Magic
- Jalen Duren, Detroit Pistons
- AJ Griffin, Atlanta Falcons
- Jaden Ivey, Detroit Pistons
- Walker Kessler, Utah Jazz
- Benedict Mathurin, Indiana Pacers
- Keegan Murray, Sacramento Kings
- Andrew Nembhard, Indiana Pacers
- Jabari Smith Jr., Houston Rockets
- Jeremy Sochan, San Antonio Spurs
- Jalen Williams, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Jose Alvarado, New Orleans Pelicans
- Scottie Barnes, Toronto Raptors
- Josh Giddey, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Jalen Green, Houston Rockets
- Quentin Grimes, New York Knicks
- Hyland Bones, Denver Nuggets
- Evan Mobley, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Trey Murphy III, New Orleans Pelicans
- Alperen Sengun, Houston Rockets
- Franz Wagner, Orlando Magic
Honorary coaches and teams
• Jordan Rising Stars teams comprised of rookies and sophomores will be led by NBA legends serving as honorary head coaches: Pau Gasol, six-time NBA All-Star and two-time NBA champion; Joakim Noah, two-time NBA All-Star and 2013-14 Kia NBA Defensive Player of the Year; and Deron Williams, a three-time NBA All-Star and two-time member of the All-NBA Second Team.
• Assistant coaches from the NBA All-Star Game coaching staff will join the legends to coach the teams during Jordan Rising Stars games.
• The NBA G League player team will be led by 2008-09 Kia NBA Sixth Man of the Year and 2011 NBA Champion Jason Terry, current Utah Jazz assistant coach and former NBA G Grand Rapids Gold coach. League. G League players include:
- Sidy Cissoko, G-League Ignite
- Scoot Henderson, G-League Ignite
- King Mojave, G League Ignite
- Kenneth Lofton Jr. Memphis Hustle
- Mac McClung, Delaware Blue Coats
- Leonard Miller, G-League Ignite
- Scotty Pippen Jr., South Bay Lakers
• Each Rising Stars team will be designated as “Team [Honorary Coach First Name or Last Name]”
The Jordan Rising Stars format
All three games in the Jordan Rising Stars will be played on Friday, February 17 from Vivint Arena in Salt Lake City starting at 9 pm ET.
All three games will be played with a final target score, which means that the game will end with a basket made or a free throw instead of time expiring.
The two semifinal games, Game 1 and Game 2, will be played with a final target score of 40.
The final game, with the winners, will be played with a final target score of 25 to determine the tournament champion.
- game 1: Team A vs. Team B
- Game 2: Team C vs. Team D
- Game 3: Winner of Game 1 vs. Game 2 Winner
» Everything you need to know about the 2023 Jordan Rising Stars