The college football season finally returns to action as Notre Dame opens its season on the road this Saturday with Ohio State. Live coverage begins at 7:30 pm ET (ABC) from Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio. Check out the full 2022 Notre Dame football schedule below, as well as additional information on how to watch/live stream the games on NBC and Peacock.
New beginnings at Notre Dame
After falling just one spot short of making the College Football Playoff last season, the Irish are looking for a postseason breakthrough under a new head coach. marcus freeman leading the charge. Freeman, who is the second black head coach in Notre Dame history, was officially named the 30th head coach of the football program last December and at just 36 years old, the former defensive coordinator and linebackers coach is currently the fourth-youngest head coach at the FBS level. While he may be young, Freeman has made it clear that a national championship is the only thing on his mind, and that emphasis has enticed some veterans to return for another season.
“The main thing was that I just believe in Coach Freeman and I believe in the whole team,” senior defensive end and likely first-round draft pick Isaiah Foskey said in January when discussing why he returned to Notre Dame for 2022. “We we can actually win a national championship, and I think we can really do it.”
A new head coach isn’t the only thing different this season, the Irish have a new starting quarterback for the second year in a row. Second year student Tyler Buchner I was announced as team starter just a week after preseason practices. The San Diego native made 10 appearances last season and was in competition with his fellow sophomore. drew pyne all spring, but ultimately won the starting job due to his unique and shocking running ability.
Notre Dame Soccer Schedule 2022:
- Notre Dame in the State of Ohio – Saturday, September 3 – 7:30 pm on ABC
- Notre Dame vs. Marshall – Saturday, September 10 – 2:30 p.m. on NBC
- Notre Dame vs. California – Saturday, September 17 – 2:30 pm on NBC
- Notre Dame in North Carolina – Saturday September 24 – TBD
- Notre Dame vs. BYU (Las Vegas, NV) – Saturday, October 8 – 7:30 p.m. on NBC
- Notre Dame vs. Stanford – Saturday, October 15 – 7:30 p.m. on NBC
- Notre Dame vs. UNLV – Saturday, October 22 – 2:30 p.m. Peacock
- Notre Dame at Syracuse – Saturday October 29 – TBD
- Notre Dame vs. Clemson – Saturday, November 5 – 7:30 p.m. on NBC
- Notre Dame vs. Navy (Baltimore, MD) – Saturday, November 12 -12:00 pm on ABC/ESPN
- Notre Dame vs. Boston College – Saturday, November 19 – 2:30 pm on NBC
- Notre Dame at USC – Saturday November 26 – TBD
RELATED READING: Notre Dame opponents: Ohio State matchup aside, most Irish foes open season with scapegoats
Interesting clip from Tim Brown on Marcus Freeman:
“If a guy like Marcus can win with the soft touch, it puts other coaches in a situation where, ‘Okay, I can’t talk to this kid like he’s a dog, because he can go here and be talked to like a dog. was a dog.” man.'”https://t.co/yHC75n3GTT
— Douglas Farmer (@D_Farmer) August 30, 2022
How to watch Notre Dame Football on Peacock:
Become a monthly or annual Peacock Premium subscriber to watch all of our Premium sports, including Notre Dame football. Once you’ve signed up, you can find LIVE coverage in the Explore section of the Peacock app and on PeacockTV.com
Please note that selecting a Premium plan will result in a charge that will recur monthly or annually, depending on your plan. You can cancel your Premium plan at any time in your Account.
What devices does Peacock support?
You can enjoy Peacock on a variety of devices. See a list of supported devices here.
How to watch Notre Dame’s opening game — No. 5 Notre Dame vs. No. 2 Ohio State:
- Where: Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio
- When: Saturday, September 3 at 7:30 p.m. ET on ABC