AppleInsider is supported by your audience and can earn commissions as an Amazon Associate and Affiliate Partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate associations do not influence our editorial content.
Shared with You is a social feature Apple added that highlights content that others share with you. Here’s how to use the feature in iOS 16 and macOS Ventura.
The feature appears when someone shares content with you from Apple TV, Apple Music, News, Podcasts, Safari, and Photos using iMessage. Each app automatically organizes content within its own Shared With You section. It is a useful feature to keep up with the media without forgetting.
Each app displays the section in a different area. The Shared with you section will not appear unless a contact has shared content through Messages.
Where to find Shared with you
First, in the Settings control panel, touch Messages. So he Meny hold the switch to share automatically. In addition, this same screen allows you to activate and deactivate individual Apple applications.
On the Mac, open Messages And go to preferenceseither by clicking on it in the menu bar or by pressing Command-Comma on the keyboard. There is a tab called Shared with you with similar checkboxes.
- AppleTV: Touch the Watch now tab at the bottom left of the screen.
- apple music: Touch the Listen Now tab.
- Safari: Open a new browser tab and scroll through the Homepage. At the bottom, tapping on the Edit The button allows you to activate or deactivate Shared with you.
- Photos: Touch the For you and scroll down to find Shared with you.
- News: Touch the This day tab and scroll down.
- podcast: Touch the Listen now tab and scroll down.
The whole process happens automatically. When a person shares content from these apps in an iMessage, it appears in their respective app. discard the content with a long press on iOS and iPadOS and a mouse click on macOS.
From each of these apps, the contact’s photo and name will appear below the content in the Shared with you section. Tapping or clicking their name opens a reply with Messages.
How to pin content in Messages
- Open the conversation in Messages that contains shared content.
- Touch and hold the rich url.
- tap on the Pin button.
- Repeat the steps to unpin the content.
How to share content
- AppleTV: Choose a TV show or movie, tap the share button that looks like a square with an arrow pointing up. Choose Messages, touch the contact and send the message.
- apple music: Choose the song or album, tap the More button that looks like three dots inside a circle, then tap Share song or Share album. Choose Messages, touch the contact and send it.
- Safari: Go to a website and tap the square Share button. Choose Messages, touch the contact and send it.
- Photos: Find a photo and tap the square Share button. Choose Messages, touch the contact and send it.
- News: Select an item and touch the More button. Choose Messages, touch the contact and send it.
- podcast: Search for a podcast and tap the square Share button. Choose Messages, touch the contact and send it.
Sharing content from within these Apple apps to Messages will cause it to appear in the recipient’s Shared with you section.