If you like to listen to your favorite songs on Spotify, is there a friend or family member who would like those same songs? By sharing your Spotify playlist, you can introduce a friend to a new artist, your brother to a new album, or your best friend to a whole new genre.
Here, we will show you how to share a Spotify playlist on desktop, web, and mobile apps.
Share a Spotify playlist on the web or desktop app
The Spotify desktop app on Windows and Mac is almost identical to the web player on the Spotify website. This means you can use the steps below to share playlists using either version.
Share with a link or embed code
- Open the desktop app on your computer or visit the web player in your browser and sign in to your Spotify account.
- Choose the playlist you want to share on the left.
- Select the three points for the playlist on the right.
- Move your cursor to Share and choose one of the sharing options below from the pop-up menu.
- Copy link to playlist: This puts the URL of your playlist on your clipboard and you will see a short message when it does. You can then paste the link in a text message, email, or other location to share it.
- embed playlist: This creates a code for you to embed on your blog or website. You can choose the color and customize the size for the player. When you’re ready, select Copy to put the code on your clipboard and paste it on your site wherever it is needed.
Share with a Spotify code
Another option to share your playlist is to create a Spotify code. A Spotify code is an image that contains the Spotify logo and a sound wave. When you send or share the image, your friend simply scans the code to open your playlist.
- Follow the same steps above to display sharing options for your playlist. To choose copy link.
- Head over to the Spotify Codes website, paste the playlist link into the box, and choose Get Spotify Code.
- You will then see your playlist name with your Spotify username at the top. This allows you to confirm that the link you entered is correct.
- Optionally, adjust the settings on the right to customize the code.
- To save the image to your computer, select Discharge. Open your Downloads folder to get the Spotify Code. You can then send or share the image for others to scan.
- Alternatively, you can choose a social sharing option on the right. Post your Spotify code on Facebook, Twitter or Reddit.
Share a Spotify playlist on the mobile app
You can also share a playlist from the Spotify app on your mobile device quite easily and using a variety of options. You can copy the link, post a link on social media, or share the Spotify code.
Open Spotify on your mobile device and go to the your library (Android) or Library (iPhone) tab. Choose the playlist you want to share and do one of the following.
Share with a link or on social networks
- tap on the three points on the playlist details screen and select Share near the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the sharing option you’d like to use, such as Copy Link, Instagram Stories, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, or another sharing method. you can also choose Plus for additional options based on your device’s sharing settings.
- When you’re done, use the X at the top left to close the Share screen.
Share with a Spotify code
- On Android, take a screenshot and save it to your device to share however you like.
- On iPhone, tap the cover with the code to display it larger. Select Save to Photos to save the image to the Photos app, and then send or share it however you like. You can also just capture a screenshot if you prefer.
- When you’re done, select the X at the top left (Android) or Close (iPhone) to exit the Share screen.
Sharing a playlist of songs you like with your friend, family member, website visitors or followers is a great way to spread the joy for the music you love.
Now that you know how to share your own Spotify playlist, take a look at how to create a collaborative playlist with someone else.