- In iOS 16, you can schedule an email in the Mail app on your iPhone to send whenever you want.
- To schedule an email, touch and hold the Send button to view scheduling options.
- Your iPhone must be on at the time the email is scheduled to be sent.
Not all emails need to be sent right away, or even sent, which is why many mail apps offer a way to send emails at a later time. Starting with iOS 16, Apple allows you to schedule an email for later on your iPhone using the standard Mail app. This way, for example, you can send an email during normal business hours, even if you wrote it late at night or over the weekend.
How to schedule an email on the iPhone
To schedule an email, your iPhone must be running iOS 16 or later. Check your iOS version and update your iPhone if necessary. After that, you are ready to schedule emails for later.
1. Start the Mail app
two. Compose your email as you normally would, complete with recipient, subject, and message.
3. When you’re done with the email and ready to send it, touch and hold the Send icon (the big blue arrow). You will see a popup menu.
Four. Choose when you want to send the message.
Apple gives you a few quick pick options, including Send 9:00 pm tonight Y Send tomorrow at 8:00 am. If you want to choose a custom time, touch Send it later… and you can choose the date and time from a calendar view, then touch Done.
How to change the scheduled time before it is sent
After choosing your time, the email will be stored in the Mail app send it later mailbox. If you need to change when the email is sent, you can adjust the sending time up to the last minute.
1. In the Mail app, tap the behind arrow as needed to view the mailboxes page.
two. Play send it laterthen touch the scheduled email you want to edit.
3. In the gray bar at the top of the message that shows when the email will be sent, tap Edit.
Four. Change the send time, and then touch Done.