OMAHA, Nebraska (WOWT) – The 2022 general election is less than two months away on November 8.
Making sure you are registered to vote is the first step in casting your vote.
How to register
Voters in Nebraska and Iowa can register to vote in person, by mail, or online.
Nebraska Voters can register online through the Secretary of State’s website. A printable form to mail in is also available.
Online registration in Nebraska requires a driver’s license or state identification card.
- douglas county Voters can register in person at libraries, at the County Election Commission Office at 12220 W Center Road in Omaha, or by renewing a driver’s license.
- Sarpy County Voters can register in person at the Election Commission Office at 1102 E 1st Street in Papillion.
Iowa voters can register online or with a form. The form can be returned to your county auditor.
- Pottawattamie County residents can return their voter registration form to the County Auditor’s Office at the Pottawattamie County Courthouse.
As we approach the November general election, attention is being drawn to voter registration.
Early Voting Registration
douglas county residents can request that an early voting ballot be mailed to them.
Sarpy County residents can also request an early ballot with a form.
Requested early voting ballots will be mailed beginning October 3.
Early voting in person is available at your county Election Commission Office beginning October 11.
Pottawattamie County residents can vote early at the Pottawattamie County Auditor’s office starting 20 days before the election. An absentee ballot may also be requested.
Voter Registration Deadlines
Nebraska residents will need to register to vote before November.
- Online registration is available until October 21.
- Registration forms that are mailed to the county election office must be postmarked by October 21.
- In-person registration at the County Elections Office is available through October 28.
Iowa residents can register even on election day.
- In-person registration is available on Election Day at your polling place. An ID with a current address will be needed.
- Mailed voter registration forms must be postmarked by October 24.
- Online registration is available until October 24.
Check your enrollment
If you’re not sure if you’re registered to vote or don’t know your precinct, you can check the Nebraska Voter Information Lookup.
Iowa voters can check online through the Secretary of State.
Copyright 2022 WOWT. All rights reserved.