Do you need an efficient tool to quickly and easily record something on your screen? We will show you how to record screen with TechSmith Capture.
TechSmith Capture is software that allows you to record your computer screen. It is easy to use, free to download and offers many basic screen recording features.
You can record your microphone in case you want to do a voiceover. You can also record system audio or your webcam. If you choose to record your webcam, TechSmith will place your webcam view in the bottom right corner of the screen recording.
Once you have recorded your video, TechSmith will generate a link. You can use this link to share your video with others.
How to download and configure TechSmith Capture
You can download TechSmith Capture for free directly from its official download page.
- Visit the TechSmith Capture download page.
- Click on Free download.
- Select your operating system. TechSmith Capture offers installations for Windows or Mac.
- run the installation.exe file that appears in your downloads folder and follow the prompts to install the software on your computer.
How to use TechSmith Capture to record screen
You can record the screen by pressing the red capture button. You will also have the option to configure your video settings, such as enabling your microphone, system audio, or webcam.
- Find the TechSmith Capture software on your computer and open it.
- Click on the red Capture button.
- A large cross will appear on the screen. Use it to select the window you want to record. You can also click and drag the cross to select a custom area anywhere on the screen.
- Once you have selected the window, click on the video icon in the lower options panel.
- This is where you will be able to configure some basic settings before or during the video. To start video recording, click on the red Registration on the left side of the panel.
- you can use the microphone to select, mute, or unmute the microphone before or during recording. You can use your microphone if you are doing a voiceover for the video. You can also mute or unmute the system audio.
- Use the video button to start recording your camera. This will add your camera recording to the bottom right corner of the screen recording. If you’re new to using a webcam, you can learn more about how to set up a webcam in Windows 10 or how to change your webcam settings in Windows 11.
- Click on the to update button to start recording again.
- press the Stop button to stop recording.
- TechSmith Capture will play the video for you in a preview window. Click on the Go up in the lower right corner of the preview window.
- You will receive a link that you can use to access, view and share the video.
- Anyone with this link will be able to view your screen recording by opening the link in a browser.
Easily record your screen with TechSmith Capture
TechSmith Capture allows you to screen record whatever you are doing on your computer. You also have the option to record your voice, webcam, or even select just a part of the screen to record.
Once you have finished recording your screen, TechSmith Capture will allow you to preview your video. You will receive a link that will allow you to view your video in a browser. You can share this link with anyone if you want them to see your screen recording as well.
TechSmith Capture is not the only efficient screen recording tool, so if you prefer to try something else, there are many other screen recording tools that you can use to record your computer screen.