Do you want to experience classic PS3 games on your Windows 11 PC? Well, if you are a retro lover who likes to play old but popular games, then there is an app that will satisfy your thirst for the same. RPCS3 is the most popular PS3 emulator which is an open source application made for gamers who long for old classics. Although the app is quite simple to use and play, the installation process is not a piece of cake. So, in this article, we will share all the details on how to install RPCS3 (PS3) emulator on Windows 11. Without further ado, let us jump right in.
Installing games in today’s era is as simple as pressing a single button and everything is done automatically. However, things can get complicated when you try to install emulators like RPCS3 to play PS3 games. Although players are fairly familiar with the process, some are not as tech-savvy as others. So for them, this guide should be enough. Read on to know more about how to RPCS3 in Windows 11.
How to install RPCS3 (PS3) emulator on Windows 11?
There are a number of steps that you will need to follow to install this emulator on your system. However, if you follow them in order as mentioned below, you won’t have a problem.
1) First of all, you will need to download the latest version of RPCS3. So all you need to do is click on this link here and the download will start automatically.
2) Next, you need to download any archive unpacker like 7rar or Winrar to extract the files from the download you just completed. After downloading any of the file unpackers, install it and go to the next step.
3) Now, the PS3 firmware should be installed. To do this, simply click on here and the download will start.
4) Next, you’ll need to get your PS3 games to play, right? So, head over to the official Vimm’s Lair website and download your favorite PS3 games. Again, just click here to proceed.
5) Once you’ve downloaded the game, now it’s time for you to unzip the downloaded files. So use 7rar or Winrar to unzip the RPCS3 files and the game files you just downloaded.
6) After unzipping, go to the RPCS3 folder and double click on the RPCS3 file. Now, head over to the File tab and select the Install Firmware option. After this, go to the directory where you downloaded the PS3 firmware file in Step 3 and select it.
7) Now, head over to the File option again and this time, select the Add Games option. Here, find the folder of the game you have downloaded and extracted, and select it.
8) Once this is done, the game will appear in the RPCS3 app and you can double click on it to launch it. However, keep in mind that during the first boot of the game, it will take some time, so make sure you have a little patience.
Well, now you know how to install RPCS3 (PS3) emulator on Windows 11. For more such guides, be sure to keep up with us at Vabsaga.