Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur taxpayers own.
Online gambling is not new: back in 1994, software developer Microgaming is believed to have developed the first real casino software.
However, the advancement of technology soon resulted in many game companies exploring online venues. As an example, Planet Poker was established in 1998, followed in 1999 by ParadisePoker.com. The number of online players doubled, every year, from 2003 to 2006.
If that was considered a “Poker Boom”, then we are currently in the midst of a “Poker Kaboom”.
The American Gaming Association’s Commercial Gaming Revenue Tracker reports that sports betting brought in $3.16 billion in the first ten months of 2021, nearly 230% more than the same period in 2020. Expect that increase as more states allow betting online.
In total, statistics for the size of the online (casino) gambling and indulgence industry are projected to reach more than $100 billion by 2026, according to Facts & Factors. Other research projects the industry to grow at an annual rate of 11.7% between 2022 and 2030.
As such, there are definitely opportunities to cash in on the madness. Below are some of the most effective ways to make money with online casinos. Better yet, you can access this market without having to play or count cards to beat the house.
Related: The History of Online Gambling (Infographic)
Adopt affiliate marketing sites
“Many are drawn to the affiliate industry because of its low barriers to entry,” writes Erik Bergman in a previous article. Entrepreneur Article. “Every business has hurdles to overcome before you can launch, and some of those hurdles are shorter or higher than others.”
“Plus, the sky’s the limit when it comes to earnings potential,” adds Deanna Ritchie, financial editor at Due. “In fact, it’s totally possible to earn six figures with affiliate marketing.”
Bonus: You can get started with affiliate marketing, right now, for almost any.
All you have to do is sign up for a program, buy a domain and hosting service, create a site, and use affiliate links to post content. However, to really succeed, you also need to organically join the conversations of your audience. This is simply commenting with affiliate links. If possible, leave these comments where your audience hangs out, whether it’s on Reddit, message boards, or forums.
Also, you don’t need to develop a complex website to earn money. But you must create an optimized website if you want to stand out from other casino affiliates.
- Write quality content, often: Google will reward you if you consistently deliver higher quality content related to casino reviews, gambling news or more betting tips than your competitors.
- Zig while others zag: Because there are millions of terms that people search for, you don’t always have to compete for the most difficult ones. Alternatively, you can specialize your site for more specific searches, such as brand terms and long-tail keywords.
- Do not neglect technical SEO: Brainstorming will help your ranking and highlight other technical aspects of your site. Make sure your page is technically sound, from page load speed to mobile optimization.
read the room
The goal of an online affiliate is to get people to click on their links. In order to deliver the best results, casino options must be completely familiar with their target market. Some main reasons that usually drive players to the pages include…
- It is important for them to find the best option: Let’s be honest, the term “best” is subjective. A good affiliate will rank online casinos based on different attributes like promotions, game library, reliability, and customer service.
- Bonuses are important: Online areas use bonuses to attract new players and encourage them to play on their platforms. An affiliate can be visited by players who want to see active promotions.
- They are looking for entertainment AND information: Visitors may land on a website if they are interested in a specific topic or looking for more advice. If a person wants to learn how to play slots, he can find a resource to play them through an affiliate.
capitalize on training
Is there any advice that you would be willing to share with others? If so, you could start a home business. Examples could be starting a blog, YouTube channel, or podcast where you share your knowledge. Other ideas would be to create an online course or self-publish a guide. Since players are always striving to improve their skills, they are constantly looking for new methods.
Also, you could gain thousands of followers if you are a coach. Since poker relies heavily on skills, it could gain huge popularity. In short, every player who wants to improve must invest in learning.
What are some of the ways a gaming guru can earn money? One way is to offer free lessons. Through ads, you can monetize your website and attract an audience. Eventually, it could introduce a subscription service or course. Even better, these can become a passive source of income.
Transition to Twitch
There are a lot of people streaming on Twitch. The Amazon network attracts casino, slot machine, blackjack, and poker enthusiasts.
The streamers with the most followers stream for hours on end. This attracts audiences of 10,000 or more.
With Twitch, you can donate to your favorite content creators, and subscription plans range from $5 to $25. You can even sell your own swag. With the right circumstances, Twitch streaming could become a full-time job.
A share of 888 Holdings was worth $85 in 2020, and in December 2021, it was worth $320. That’s a 300% profit within two years. Like any other investment, there is a risk due to market volatility. Example: In June 2022, a share of 888 shares fell to Earth at around $117.
the investor has risk your money on a company that does things right and expect to reap the rewards — 888 Holdings and Bet365 are two examples of options you can risk investing in individually.
Alternatively, you can buy an exchange-traded fund. ETFs allow you to invest in multiple companies at once. If stocks increase, you get a piece of the added value.
If a company does not perform well, it does not suffer great losses. In contrast to buying individual stocks, mutual fund returns are relatively lower.
Related: 5 Reasons to Invest in the Online Poker Gaming Industry
Tap an app
No programming knowledge is required to create an application. You can hire someone if you want or you can go another route and create your own slot using templates from AppsGeyser, Drimify or Shoutem.
It is incredibly easy to learn how to create this trading option in 2022. After completing a six-week online course, you will be able to organize your first application. However, the main goal is to create a betting app that provides fun games. By clicking ads and buying in-game credits, people can come back to play your games every day, earning you money.
Create your own casino
In all parts of the world, online casinos are booming. However, new casinos often close within the first year of operation. And, there are some challenges that you will have to overcome.
For starters, releasing your own version isn’t cheap. You can pay anywhere from $5,000 in the UK and Malta to over $1 million in the US for the license. It may be more convenient to get a gaming license from companies like SoftSwiss.
You also have to pay for website development, management and marketing. As a new online casino, you have to wait a while before you start making money.
Here are some tried and true tips…
- Choose a currency: Rewards play an important role in gambling. The appeal of gaming is being able to win a lot of money in a relatively short period of time. Therefore, you must have a secure payment portal and start verifying the registration processes. Instead of using real money, free and trial games use bonus points.
- Provide a wide range of games: Some of these include roulette, blackjack and baccarat. This gives users a variety of options, and to enhance authenticity, use real-life photos and videos.
- Set up a loyalty program: Offer a bonus system and implement retention campaigns, too. This will help you gain a new audience and encourage them to return.
Related: A step-by-step guide to building your first mobile app