Steam is the leading gaming portal for Windows users. Although other platforms appear from time to time, it is still the preferred choice of most gamers. The abundance of games and great titles in the app library is a big reason for this. As tempting as it may be to buy the latest and greatest games, many users complain about slow download speeds on Steam. This is not the only problem. Sometimes Steam doesn’t recognize installed games, so it’s important to make sure the download works correctly. This article is about how to fix Steam Deck download speeds.
Games take several hours to download on Steam due to slow download speed? While there isn’t much you can do when the internet is slow, you can make some adjustments in Steam and Windows settings to speed up the download process if you think it should be faster. Here are the steps to resolve Steam Deck download speeds
5 Ways to Fix Slow Download Speeds on Steam Deck
Change the channel on your router
- Log in to your router page from your web browser.
- Select the wireless band from the router’s menu that you want to change the channel for, such as 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.
- Open the Wireless Settings menu for the chosen frequency.
- A drop down menu will open from the Channel option.
- You can select a new channel from there and select Save.
- Now check Steam Deck slow download problem.
Update the firmware of your router
- Go to your router’s login page.
- Sign in and look for the software update option.
- And then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process and fix your Steam Deck Wi-Fi slow Wi-Fi.
Force restart Steam Deck
- Press and hold the power button for at least 12 seconds
- Press the power button once to turn the console back on.
- Now connect your Steam Deck to the internet and games will start downloading faster than before.
- Just make sure you don’t run any other software on your console after the reset
Disable Wi-Fi power saving mode
- First enable developer mode on your platform, which you will find at the bottom of the settings and just below the library settings.
- Under the Developer Mode tab, you will find the Wifi Power Saving option.
- After disabling it, check whether slow downloading of Steam Deck games is fixed or not.
Switch to a different network
Some users reported that Steam Deck has slow Wi-Fi when connected to a specific network like B. your home WiFi, but it disappears when they switch to another network.
If you use your home or office network to play games, try switching to mobile data hotspot to see if slow game downloads on Steam Deck have been fixed.
We hope you enjoy our article on methods to fix slow download speeds on Steam Deck. Add to that Steam’s fluctuating download speeds, which affects most of the gaming community in one way or another. Sometimes the fluctuations are so strong that Steam can’t even connect.
I hope you understand this article, How to fix Steam Deck download speeds.