Finally, after testing for a year, Microsoft released Windows 11 version 22H2, which is available for download.
Microsoft has just released the update which is known as Windows 11 2022 Update which brings a number of notable features to Microsoft’s desktop operating system. These include an updated File Explorer with tabs, a richer Start menu and taskbar experience, improved search functionality, support for enhanced security and passwordless logins, and much more.
The update is deployed through Windows Update, Update Assistant, and the Media Creation Tool, which means you can force the OS to download using an installation wizard or by creating installation media.
Download Windows 11 22H2 ISO file
There are several ways to download Windows 11 22H2 ISO file. Microsoft mostly prefers to download ISO files using its media creation tool. You can use third-party tools like Rufus which also allows you to download ISO file for any version of Windows 11, Windows 10 and earlier versions. Or you can directly go to the Microsoft website to download the Windows 11 iso file.
In this guide, you will learn the steps to download Windows 11 2022 Update (version 22h2) ISO file in three different ways.
Download the Windows 11 22H2 ISO file from the Microsoft website
To directly download the Windows 11 22H2 ISO file, follow these steps:-
1. Visit Microsoft’s Windows 11 website.
2. Go to ‘Download Windows 11 Disc Image (ISO)‘ section and from the dropdown select Windows 11 (multi-edition ISO) and click the Download button.
3. Select the installation language and click confirm.
4. Click the Download button to save the Windows 11 22H2 ISO file on computer.
Once you complete the ISO file download, you can use the image (iso file) to create bootable media or install the operating system in a virtual machine.
Download Windows 11 22H2 ISO file from Media Creation Tool
1. Visit Microsoft’s Windows 11 website.
2. Go to ‘Create Windows 11 installation media‘ and click the Download button.
3. Double-click the MediaCrationTool.exe file you just downloaded to launch the tool.
4. A windows 11 settings window opened and click accept button.
5. The tool will automatically detect the language (you can change the language) and click on the next option.
6. Select the ISO file option and click the next option.
7. Select the location to save the ISO file and provide the file name, for example, Windows_11_ISO.
8. Finally click the Save button and the tool will start downloading Windows 11. Click the Finish button.
Download Rufus Windows 11 22H2 ISO File
You can also download Rufus Windows ISO file, and to download Windows 11 22H2 ISO file, follow these steps:-
- Open Rufus’ website.
- Go to the “Download” section and click the link to download the latest version (current v3.20).
- Double click on the rufus-3.20.exe file you just downloaded to start the tool.
- Click the dropdown icon right next to the Select button and select Discharge.
- Now click on the Discharge and wait for the script to run.
- In the ISO download window, select the version of Windows you want to download and click Continue.
- Now the tool will search for the latest version of Windows version.
- Select the build you want to download and click Continue.
- You will get the Edition option Select the Edition and click on Continue.
- Now choose Language and click on Continue.
- Choose Architecture and click Discharge.
Once you complete the steps, the Windows 11 2022 Update ISO file will download to your computer.
Update Windows 11 version to 22H2
If you’re already running Windows 11 on your computer, you can easily upgrade (if available to you) your current version of Windows 11 to 22H2 through Settings.
“You may not see the update on your device as we are slowly accelerating this availability in the coming weeks.”
To check the availability of the update, go to Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates. If the update is ready for your PC, you’ll see a notification titled “Feature update for Windows 11, version 22H2” under Optional updates. To start the download, simply click ‘Download and Install Now’.