back rooms is a popular term in the Minecraft community. It’s essentially an endless map of different rooms where you can feel extremely creepy. Liminal space will creep up on you along with occasional sightings of mysterious creatures and unexpected encounters. There are several ways to download a map of these creepy rooms and explore what they contain.
The Backrooms originated from a thread posted on the 4chan website on May 12, 2019, where an anonymous user asked others to post disturbing images that felt weird and creepy. The first photo depicting the back rooms was uploaded, which featured a slightly tilted image of a yellow colored hallway.
Since then, many modders and map makers have uploaded their own versions of backrooms.
Ways to Download Minecraft Backrooms Map
The Java Edition version of the game is known for its mods. Since Backrooms is so famous in the community, modders have created several mods for the map that you can download and access. Here are the steps to download and install the map via mods:
- Download the CurseForge app
- Create a new Minecraft 1.19 profile to install mods
- Search through all supported backroom mods
- Install the mod and hit play. A custom official launcher will open through which you can start the modified version of Java Edition.
Use of custom maps
Several custom worlds have the Backrooms map created in them. If you don’t want to modify a full version of the game, custom maps are the right choice. These are just as good as mods as they also add mobs and custom features to the world. Here are the steps to download and install custom maps:
- Find the Backrooms map for the game
- Select the map from the PlanetMinecraft or MinecraftMaps website
- Transfer the downloaded folder to the ‘saves’ folder in the game directory
- Just open the compatible game version and enter the new world.
Make sure to check the version of the game mentioned by the developer, otherwise the map will not load and work properly. Bedrock Edition maps will also be available on websites; therefore, only download Java Edition versions.
Bedrock Edition players essentially have two options to get maps from Backrooms, download free maps online or purchase them from the market. Custom maps are the best when it comes to Bedrock.
Fortunately, installing a custom map is extremely easy in Bedrock Edition. Here are the steps to download or buy the map:
- Download the free custom map from the web / Find a map on the market
- Open the ‘.mcworld’ file to import the free map / Buy the map on the market
- Jump into the world and enjoy
While most players will opt for the free versions found on websites like PlanetMinecraft and MinecraftMaps, the maps on the market are also worth a look.