- You can connect Last.fm to Apple Music using the official desktop app or a third-party app.
- The official Last.fm desktop app allows you to scrobble Apple Music on Mac or PC.
- If you’re using an iPhone or iPad, you need to download a Last.fm-enabled app like Marvis Pro.
Historically, Last.fm and Apple Music have never worked well together. Unlike Spotify, there’s no universal way to connect your Last.fm account to Apple Music and keep track of everything you’re listening to at any time.
But things have improved in recent years. Now, you can copy your Apple Music tracks to Last.fm from a Mac, PC, or iOS/iPadOS device; you just need to download some apps.
How to connect Last.fm to Apple Music on Mac or PC
Instead of directly connecting your Last.fm account with your Apple Music account, you’ll need to connect the Last.fm app to your computer. This will cause anything you play in the Music app (Mac) or iTunes (PC) to automatically switch to Last.fm.
1. On your Mac or PC, go to the “Track My Music” page on the Last.fm website.
two. Under the Last.fm Desktop Scrobbler header, click on the red download now button.
3. Download the Last.fm app and install it, then open it.
Four. When prompted, connect the app to your Last.fm account. Depending on your system, you may also need to give the app permission to read what music your computer is playing.
5. If you’re on a PC, click the Last.fm icon in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, then Settings. In the pop-up window that appears, make sure that itunes has a check mark next to it.
Anything you listen to in the Music app or iTunes should now automatically go to Last.fm. If you open the Last.fm app while listening, it will tell you exactly what’s playing; the Mac app will even tell you how many times you’ve listened to that specific artist and song.
How to connect Last.fm to Apple Music on iPhone or iPad
There is an official Last.fm app for iOS/iPadOS, but it doesn’t work very well with Apple Music. To scrobble Apple Music with that app, you have to open it manually and press a button from time to time.
Instead, you’ll want to use a third-party app like Soor or Marvis Pro. These are alternative music apps that let you view and play your Apple Music library, and they’ll scroll to Last.fm while you’re at it.
Unfortunately, no app is free. Soor costs $6.99, while Marvis Pro costs $7.99. You’ll also need to make sure you’re listening to Apple Music through those apps, not the default music app, if you want to play your music.
But both apps automatically copy your music instead of making you press an extra button, making them much better for constant tracking of Last.fm music.