Archiving your emails helps you save your emails and data for later use. It also makes it easy to quickly find files when you need them. Furthermore, it can also come in handy in case of abrupt data loss where you might otherwise end up losing your critical information.
It makes sense, then, to archive your emails regularly. This article looks at how you can do it without any hassle. So let’s dive in.
How to Archive Outlook Emails
Before you start archiving your Outlook emails, it is essential to understand that moving your Outlook emails to archived emails is different for different Outlook configurations.
For example, if you’re using Outlook Web, it will simply move your emails from your inbox to your archive mailbox. On the other hand, if you’re on the Outlook desktop app, archiving your emails can also consist of moving your emails from the mail inbox folder to the File, Archive binder. So let’s take a look at both procedures.
How to archive emails in Outlook desktop
To archive your emails on the Outlook desktop, you can use the AutoArchive feature in the Outlook app. Available for free from within Outlook, when you have enabled this feature, your emails will be automatically archived after a specified period of time. Pretty useful, right? This is how you can configure this function:
- Open the panorama application and select the Proceedings option.
- Click on Options > Advanced.
- Find the AutoArchive feature and click the AutoArchive Settings function when you find it.
- Select the Run AutoArchive every selection box and choose how often the AutoArchive function should run.
- From the default folder settings for the archive section, choose when your Outlook emails should be archived.
- Click on Browse and choose a destination to archive your folder.
- Click on okay to save your changes.
That’s it – your Outlook emails will be archived according to the specified settings. If you want to disable the Outlook feature in the future, all you have to do is uncheck the Run AutoArchive every radio box again and save your settings; the archive function will be disabled.
How to archive email in Outlook Web
Archiving your emails on Outlook web is a simple matter; much simpler than for Outlook desktop surely. To get started with it, follow the steps below:
- Go to your Outlook.com account, sign in, and go to Inbox.
- Select all the emails you want to archive and select File, Archive.
All selected emails will be archived instantly. If you want to unarchive them later, go to the File, Archive folder and select the email. Then click move from aboveand choose the location where you want to move your emails.
Archive your Outlook emails with ease
So it was all about archiving your emails in Outlook, folks. Archiving your files can be very helpful in keeping your files protected from accidental data loss and helping you recover your emails instantly. I hope you were able to archive your email successfully after this.