Georgia Southern Hosts Cardinals for Homecoing
STATESBORO – After two weeks on the road, the Georgia Southern football team returns to the friendly confines of Allen E. Paulson Stadium on Saturday when it hosts Ball State on Saturday for Homecoming. Kickoff is scheduled for 6:02 p.m. and will stream online on ESPN+. The game will also be available on radio on the Georgia Southern Sports Network. This is everything you need to know about the game:
game day guide (PDF)
Game day stadium map (PDF)
Parking lot (PDF)
Clear Bag Policy (PDF)
Game 4: Saturday, September 24, 2022 • 6 pm
Location: Statesboro, Georgia (Allen E. Paulson Stadium; 25,000)
Promotions: Homecoming, Teacher Appreciation
Note: Parking and Transportation has secured a bus to leave the Armstrong campus at approximately 4 pm on Saturday for the homecoming game against Ball State. The bus will leave from the Sports Center parking lot near the Student Union. The bus will depart to take students to the Armstrong campus approximately 30 minutes after the end of the game.
Current GS students on the Armstrong campus can use the following link to register:
Ball Status: 1-2, 0-1 MAC
South Georgia: 2-1, 0-0 SBC
Broadcast: ESPN+ (Online)
PBP: danny waugh; Analyst: Cole Neely; Offside: Amy Zimmer
GS: GAME NOTES
BSU: GAME NOTES
within the series
General: First Meeting
- Georgia Southern and Ball State have never met in football.
- Georgia Southern has previously played four games against current members of the Mid-American Conference, posting a 3-1 record. The Eagles’ last game against a MAC team was in the 2018 Camellia Bowl when now-Buffalo Bills kicker Tyler Bass kicked a 40-yard field goal as time expired to beat Eastern Michigan, 23- twenty-one. Georgia Southern is 1-0 against EMU, 1-0 against Bowling Green (2015 GoDaddy Bowl) and 1-1 against Western Michigan.
- This is the second home game against a MAC school since WMU came to Paulson in 2015 and the Eagles cruised to a 43-17 victory.
- Georgia Southern is 30-9 in homecoming in the modern era after losing to Georgia State last year.
- kyle vantrease He threw for 365 yards and a touchdown and rushed to score against Ball State in 2020 while at Buffalo.
countdown to start
10: kyle vantrease has 152 pass attempts in three games, which is already tied for 10-more in a single season for an Eagle quarterback. The record is 360 by Lee Chapple in 2009.
9: Khaleb Hood became the nineth Georgia Southern player to eclipse the 1,000-yard receiving mark when he accomplished the feat at UAB last week.
8: clay helton-The directed teams have lost only eight times in the previous 39 instances by recording more than 300 yards of total offense as the Eagles did last week at UAB.
7: Seven true freshmen have played in at least two games.
6: Georgia Southern has already released six touchdown passes in three games after having just five last year.
5: Runner pull white it is fifth in the country in points per game, averaging 12.0 after scoring two touchdowns in the three games.
4: The Eagles are one of four teams have not given up a sack so far this season, with 152 pass attempts. The next closest team in terms of pass attempts that also hasn’t allowed a sack is Oregon (98).
3: South Georgia rows third in the country in the fewest penalties per game, with an average of 3.33. The Eagles have only been given 10 penalties in three games.
2: This will be the quarterback by Kyle Vantrease second I play quarterback against Ball State. In the 2020 MAC Championship Game, he threw for 365 yards and a touchdown and rushed to score.
1: This will be the first meeting between Georgia Southern and Ball State in football.
Until next time:
Oct. 1 at Nebraska – Conway, SC – 4 p.m. – ESPN+