Full notes available here
The Oklahoma State football team (7-3 overall; 4-3 Big 12) plays its final road game of the 2022 season in Oklahoma (5-5 overall; 2-5 Big 12) at 6:30 pm CT on Saturday, November 11. 19, at Gaylord Family – Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.
Including games from UAPB, Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, Texas, Kansas State, Iowa State and Oklahoma, Oklahoma State has now sold out four straight home games for the first time since 2017 and will play in front of sold-out crowds in eight of its last nine. games, regardless of location. Tickets for OSU’s final home game against West Virginia (November 26) are still available, and fans are encouraged to get their tickets now to ensure availability. Tickets are available at okstate.com/tickets or by calling or texting the box office at 877-255-4678.
In the air
The game will be televised on ABC with Dave Pasch, Dusty Dvoracek and Tom Luginbill on the call. It will also air live on the Cowboy Radio Network, with Dave Hunziker handling the play-by-play, John Holcomb providing analysis and Robert Allen reporting from the bench. Fans outside of the Cowboy Radio Network can listen to the OSU broadcast for free through The Varsity Network app. The game will also be broadcast to a national radio audience via Compass Media Networks with Gregg Daniels and Chad Brown on the call.
in the rankings
The Oklahoma State football team is ranked #24 in the AP Top 25 and USA TODAY Sports AFCA Coaches Poll. The college football playoff standings will be released Tuesday night. OSU has now appeared in the AP Top 25 in 23 of the last 24 AP polls. Including 2022, OSU has reached the top 10 of the AP poll at some point in 11 of the last 15 seasons and has seen a top 15 ranking in the AP poll in 13 of those 15 seasons. With OSU’s inclusion in the inaugural set of CFP Rankings this season, the Cowboys have also been a part of the CFP Rankings in seven of the past eight seasons. Oklahoma is not ranked.
Saturday’s game is part of the all-sports Phillips 66 Bedlam Series between Oklahoma State and
Oklahoma. The Phillips 66 Bedlam series is calculated by outright wins and losses in head-to-head competition. In non-head-to-head sports, the final standings for the Big 12 Championship
They are used. Oklahoma State has won the Phillips 66 Bedlam Series overall in eight of the past nine years, and in 2021-22 OSU won by a 17-16 margin. OSU leads the 2022-23 series, 3-1-1. A look at this year’s results to date:
Football at Norman T Tied, 1-1
Big 12 Men’s Golf Match Play in Houston, Texas L OU, 6-0
Men’s Cross Country at Lubbock, Texas W OSU 1st, OU 8th
Women’s Cross Country at Lubbock, Texas W OSU 1st, OU 5th
Women’s Cross Country at Columbia, Missouri W OSU 1st, OU 13th
Saturday’s game marks the 117th meeting between Oklahoma State and Oklahoma, with the series dating back to 1904. The 2022 season also marks the 113th consecutive year the teams have met. Oklahoma owns an 89-20-7 lead in the all-time series and a 43-10-2 lead in Norman.
Oklahoma State from a distance
Oklahoma State is 7-3 on the year and has extended its school record streak of bowl eligibility and winning seasons to a 17th consecutive year. The Cowboys are not out of the Big 12 Championship game, but they would need to win and get help in other games to come back. OSU began the season with a 5–0 record and rose to No. 7 in the AP poll, but a double overtime road loss to still-undefeated TCU handed the Cowboys their first setback of the year. They rebounded with a come-from-behind win over then-No. 20 Texas, but lost two straight road games before beating Iowa State at home to move to third in the Big 12 standings. Several players in key starting positions have missed games due to injury or played less than 100 percent this season, which was a huge factor in the slump on the road. The list of players who have lost playing time this season includes quarterback spencer sandersrunning backwards Dominic Richardsonwide receivers braydon johnson and Jayden Bray, offensive linemen preston wilson, woodard hunter, cole birmingham Y joe michalskiassurances Sean Michael Flanagan, Thomas Harper Y jason taylor iidefensive linemen brock martin, Tyler Lacey, track ford Y Brendon Eversgambler tom hutton and cowboy back blaine green. All have started multiple games for Oklahoma State. Notably, Sanders returned late in last week’s win over Iowa State and played less than 100 percent as the Cowboys posted a comeback win over the Cyclones and kept OSU’s conference title hopes alive. Even with more than their fair share of injuries, the Cowboys have built a team that ranks No. 24 in the FBS in scoring, No. 20 in passing yards, No. 9 in third-down defense, No. 11 in tackles for loss. and perhaps most impressive, No. 2 in fewest penalties. The standouts in each phase of the game have been Sanders on offense, who leads the Big 12 in total offense and is second in points in charge, Taylor on defense, who is a Paycom Jim Thorpe Award semifinalist and ranks No. 6 in FBS in solo tackles per game and kicker tan brown on special teams, he’s one of three FBS kickers to have attempted 18 field goals and made more than 90 percent of them.
An Oklahoma State win would be…
• Be 8-3 or better for the fourth consecutive season and for the 12th time in the mike gundy it was.
• Give it wins in 10 of last 13 regular-season conference games.
• Give you back-to-back wins over Oklahoma.
• Put it 7-4 in its last 11 road games.
• To improve mike gundyrecord in road games to 54-38.
• To improve mike gundy‘s record in Big 12 games at 96-59.
• Put him 22-5 in his last 27 games overall, dating back to the 2020 season.
• Go 155-71 all-time when playing as an AP ranked team.
• Put you 142-42 on your record when playing as a team with a higher AP rank than your opponent.
• Go 87-18 in his last 105 games against opponents outside the AP Top 25, dating back to 2010.
Notable streaks and trends entering the game
• spencer sanders he has thrown for 20 touchdowns against just five interceptions in his last 369 pass attempts for a 1.4% interception rate.
• OSU has won a school record 13 straight home games.
• OSU has held 28 of its last 31 Big 12 opponents below its season scoring average.
• OSU has won 81 straight games while holding its opponent to less than 20 points, dating to Sept. 13, 2003, the longest active period in the FBS and since at least 1980.
• OSU has held its opponent scoreless in its opening game series in 29 of its last 41 games.
• OSU has held their opponent to less than a 50% third-down conversion rate in 34 of their last 35 games.
• OSU is 34-13 in its last 47 games decided by fewer than 10 points.
• OSU is 44-7 in its last 51 games when leading at halftime, dating to Sept. 17, 2016.
• Dating back to 2005, OSU is 45-4 without a turnover.
• Since 2008, OSU is 74-8 in winning the turnover battle.
• OSU has won three of its last five overtime games.
• OSU has forced 43 turnovers in its last 28 games.
• Over the past 35 games, OSU has limited opponents to 149 of 530 (28.1%) on third down.