The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Meity) launched DigiLocker, an Indian online scanning service, a couple of years ago. DigiLocker provides access to authentic documents/certificates such as a driver’s license, vehicle registration, and transcripts in digital format from the original issuers. While there is a dedicated DigiLocker website and app for Aadhaar holders, its services are also available on WhatsApp. People can easily download their documents like Aadhaar card, DigiLocker PAN card through MyGov Helpdesk WhatsApp chatbot.
With the use of the MyGov Helpdesk chatbot, you can easily download and access any of your official documents in a few simple steps. Documents include Aadhaar card, PAN, driver’s license, grade sheets and more. So, if you are not yet used to DigiLocker installations via website or app, WhatsApp chatbot service is at your disposal. From the Aadhaar card to the PAN and even the score sheets, everything will be available to you at any time on WhatsApp.
To access your documents from the MyGov HelpDesk chatbot on WhatsApp, here is a quick step-by-step guide.
How to download Aadhaar, PAN via WhatsApp
– Step 1: Save +91-9013151515 as the MyGov HelpDesk contact number on your phone.
– Step 2: Open WhatsApp and update your WhatsApp contact list.
– Step 3: Find and open the MyGov HelpDesk chatbot.
– Step 4: In the MyGov HelpDesk chat, type ‘Namaste’, ‘Hello’.
– Step 5: The chatbot will ask you to choose between DigiLocker or Cowin service. Select ‘DigiLocker Services’.
– Step 6: Now tap ‘Yes’ when the chatbot asks if you have a DigiLocker account. In case you don’t have it, create your account by visiting the official website or DigiLocker app.
– Step 7: The chatbot will now ask for your 12-digit Aadhaar number to link and authenticate your DigiLocker account. Enter your Aadhaar number and send.
– Step 8: You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the chatbot.
– Step 9: The chatbot lists will show you all the documents linked to your DigiLocker account.
– Step 10: To download, write and send the number in which the document appears.
– Step 11: Your document will be available for download in the chat box in PDF format.
Notably, you can only download one document at a time. Also, you can only download documents issued by DigiLocker. In the event that the document you need is not issued, you can obtain it from the DigiLocker site or app. Once issued, it can be accessed through the WhatsApp chatbot at any time.
— ENDS —