Eric Zeman / Android Authority
- The Android 13 beta is rolling out to Galaxy S21 phones in the UK.
- To experience the beta, users will need to sign up for the One UI 5.0 beta program.
- The update brings a number of software improvements, such as per-app language customization, lock screen wallpaper editing, and new camera app features.
The beta version of One UI 5.0 based on Android 13 initially arrived on the Galaxy S22 a few weeks ago. Now, Samsung is also slowly rolling out the beta for Galaxy S21 owners.
The rollout started in South Korea, but now the One UI 5.0 beta program is targeting Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra owners in the UK. According to sammobilethe new update will have a download size of 1.96 GB, will be under firmware version G99xBXXU5ZVHE and will also be available for unlocked models.
The Android 13 beta update will bring a number of new features and improvements to the S21, such as the ability to edit your lock screen wallpaper collection, individual caller backgrounds for all your contacts, the ability to extract text from images, and the ability to Space bar row customization. for Samsung keyboard.
The camera app has also been improved, making it easier to zoom in with one finger, switch back to Photo mode, and use the telephoto camera in Food mode. Other camera-related enhancements include improved filters and stories.
If you are a big fan of using emojis, there is something for you in this update as well. The beta version will not only add more emojis, but also bring AR emojis, kaomoji and allow you to add any image as emoji background.
Also, some other important improvements that can be expected are:
- Color palette improvements
- stacked widgets
- Subscription notifications for each app
- Improvements in sound and vibration.
- performance improvements
- Language settings per application
- Quick settings improvements
- Samsung DeX UI Improvements
- Improvements to Bixby Routines
- My Files app search improvements
- Security and privacy enhancements
However, before UK users can take advantage of these benefits, they will need to register their device with the One UI 5.0 beta program. To do so, you will need to install the Samsung Members app and sign in with your Samsung account. After logging in, there should be a banner for the update. All you have to do is tap on the banner and register your device, and the download will begin.
If you’re in the US, you shouldn’t feel too left out, as the Android 13 beta has yet to hit a number of Android phones. This includes Nothing Phone 1, Motorola devices, and more.